Ceramics is a mod designed to increase Minecraft's gameplay using clay. Originally inspired by the clay bucket from Iguana Tinker Tweaks, this mod simply added a clay bucket, but now it adds quite a few other features made from clay to both improve the early game and be used in long term builds.
In the mods current form, it adds features in three categories.
- Clay buckets: Early game bucket alternative.
- Can transport cold liquids with ease, but breaks after emptying a hot liquid like lava.
- Unlike other clay bucket mods, these are fully dynamic and will automatically add variants for any mods that use the Forge universal bucket (such as Tinker Construct or Forestry).
- Clay armor: Alternative to leather armor early game.
- Leather is often hard to obtain before iron, so clay provides a more affordable alternative.
- Apparently clay plate armor was once a thing, so kinda historically accurate.
- Clay shears: An alternative to iron shears.
- Similar to other clay tools, have less durability than the iron alternative.
- Unlike the other clay tools, shears are actually faster and sharper than iron shears as clay is a sharper material.